The department maintains an excellent state-of-the-art computer and study facility (~700 sq. ft.) for its students in 3337 Hoover Hall. The area is accessible 24 hours a day via a proximity card (see MSE staff for details) and includes:
- 23 PCs, all equipped with the latest technology
- scanners, laser printers (color and B&W), and other peripherals
- latest software for use in classwork
- numerous reference materials: ASTM Handbooks, Journals, etc.
- large tables for workspace and group collaboration
- space for personal storage
For more detailed information on the computer lab, see the ITS lab database entry.
Students often meet in the student room to work on homework and labs together. The student room is accessible 24 hours/day with a coded ID card. (See the MSE staff for access)